Sunday, November 07, 2004
Fruits and Vegetables
"The finest qualities of our nature, like the bloom on fruits, can be preserved only by the most delicate handling. Yet we do not treat ourselves nor one another thus tenderly." -Henry David Thoreau
1) What is your favorite vegetable and your favorite fruit?
There is a tie for my favorite veggies - squash and okra. To me, being able to eat those fresh vegetables are almost the only good thing about summer. Fruit-wise, I really like peaches and pears.
2) How many servings of fruits and vegetables do you eat a day?
Nowhere near enough! Maybe 1 or 2.
3) Did your parents force you to eat vegetables when you were younger?
Not really. I kind of wish they had, but they just wanted me to be happy!
4) What vegetable can you absolutely just not get down, no matter what you are bribed with?
Asparagus. I mean, I can eat it, but it's really not pleasant to me - even smothered with cheese.
5) What is your favorite way to eat fruit?
Inside a cobbler or pie, of course!
posted by Susan
at about 11:10 AM
Praying for: a safe & happy holiday season
Listening to: Bill O'Reilly
Wanting: people to be smarter
November 26-28 - Jeff in Columbus
November 29 - Gyno...ugh!
East of Eden
by John Steinbeck
Food: anything Japanese or cheese fries
Movie: The Patriot
Bible Verse: Psalm 139:13
Barnes & Noble
Earth & Sky
The Impulsive Buy
USA Love It or Leave It
A Walk Through Time
The Weather Channel
We're Not Sorry